How To Create Your First Mailout
Written by Franco Varriano.
It’s pretty much a given that every online store needs to embrace email marketing. When managed correctly, email is highly effective, delivers an exceptional ROI and lends itself well to measurement and optimization.
Here are 3 types of campaigns ideas you can get started with:
2. Discounts & Promotions
A classic, and absolutely essential for any online store. Few things are more effective at convincing a consumer to visit your website and make a purchase than a sale or other money-saving promotion. There are a number of ways to approach these types of email campaigns. You may want to have a standard discount like:
- 15% off a subscriber’s first order
- Free shipping above a certain threshold like $100
The above discounts tend to work well as offers sent to new subscribers who aren’t very familiar with your business and may need an extra incentive to make a purchase. Another great tactic, that works well during both slow and busy times of year, is to offer store-wide sales or discounts tied to an entire category of products. These bigger promotional offers can then be emailed out to your subscribers to get them back to your site to make a purchase.
3. Abandoned Cart Emails
Setting up automated campaigns targeting these shoppers is an easy, effective way to secure revenue that would otherwise be lost. Make sure that you make these emails engaging and straightforward, and consider including a discount or other incentive to convince the consumer to complete the sale.
4. Reengagement Efforts
Somewhat similarly, every business needs to address the issue of lost customers and unengaged email subscribers. It’s inevitable that some customers, even recurring ones, will drift away, and it is absolutely worthwhile to attempt to reengage with these clients via email campaigns.
As FulcrumTech pointed out, these reengagement campaigns can also help keep a business’s email list clean, removing those individuals who have been inactive for a long time and show no signs of returning. This will improve your open and conversion rates, and will allow you to develop more relevant email campaigns targeted toward your most valuable subscribers and customers: those that are most likely to make a purchase.
5. How To Create Your First Mailout
- From the Rare dashboard, click on the type of mailout you would like to make (campaign or automated).
- Click on the Create Campaign button
- Enter all the campaign details, such as the name, subject line, preview test, sender’s name and sender’s email. When that is completed press the Next button.
- Select the list or segment you want the mailout targeting. Press the Next button.
- Select and Edit the Template you would like to use in your mailout. Press the Next button. Click here to see how our template builder works.
- For Campaign mailouts, select the delivery method and the Delivery schedule. You can schedule the email to go out at your preferred time using your preferred delivery method.
- The last step is to review your email and then send. If you are happy with everything hit the send button.
You can always access our support portal for a visual representation of those steps.
If you’re an ecommerce merchant and don’t have automated email marketing campaigns setup for your store, you’re losing money. Right now.
Rare.io makes it easy to start using automated email campaigns for common challenges like: Welcome Series, Abandoned Carts, Order Follow-up emails and more! You can learn more about our powerful email marketing automation features here or go ahead and get started right away by using Rare.io for FREE.
And if you’re one of the thousands of merchants who are already using Rare’s Smart Email Marketing software and want to see how our Customer Success Team can work with your brand to grow your revenue – feel free to book a call at your convenience here.