Coherent Path provides first-class support for the Gmail Promotions Tab, handling all the annotations needed to promote an email or offer while managing and tracking offers across multiple pieces of content. No more editing messy HTML emails, our tool handles the hard stuff.
What is the Gmail Annotation?
The Gmail annotation is code added to an email template that creates the content Gmail uses to highlight at the top of the Promotions tab. At Coherent Path, we’ve taken care of the code for you, all that is needed are a few key items to make sure your offer or email will look it’s best when featured in the Promotions tab.
Why is the Gmail Promotional Tab important?
Our tool directly integrates with the Gmail Promotions tab giving our customer’s the upper hand to control the overall visual appearance and messaging within the bundle.
The Coherent Path tool allows promotions to be set in stages, which then allows an email to be featured more than once. By setting a launch and expiration date of a promotion, an email is more likely to be featured twice: once on the launch date and again before it expires to remind customers.
How to utilize the Gmail Promotional Tab in the Coherent Path Tool
Our machine learning algorithm will choose the best creative(s) from the library of content for a customer for each email send. One campaign can send thousands of different email variants ensuring the best content for a particular customer will end up in their inbox.
When entering a creative in the Coherent Path tool, a promotional card can be added that directly corresponds to that visual content. When the campaign is configured, you can choose which content block (hero, secondary, tertiary) to drive the promotional card. The promotional card associated with a specific creative the machine chooses to send to a customer will show in the Gmail promotional tab.
When there is an offer associated with a piece of content, a promotion can be created (see below) and added to the particular creative promoting that offer. Our tool directly integrates with the Gmail Promotional Tab so all a user has to do is fill in the visual promotional card for the creative and the offer details associated.
Let’s take a closer look:
- Logo: The client’s logo is set up once at the global level when the profile is created.
- Start & Expiration Date: Entering in the start and expiration date of the offer’s run allows the content to be featured at the launch and towards the end of its promotional run.
- Discount Code: The coupon code associated with the offer is pulled in as a badge in the Gmail Promotional Tab
- Eligible Offer and Deal Badge: Create the eligible offer being promoted, such as 20% off, Free Shipping, or Buy 1 Get 1. The tool will produce a default description for the Deal Badge of the Gmail Promotional Tab. This can be updated if the default output isn’t specific enough.
- Promotional Card: Entered at the creative level so it’s specific to that piece of content.
One final important note: annotating an email doesn’t guarantee Gmail will feature it in the Promotions tab. To be featured, you still need to make sure your emails are personalized for each subscriber, containing content tailored towards that subscriber’s desires and goals.
Google is getting smarter every day at recognizing relevant emails — and just as before, the most surefire way to generate engagement is to keep your content updated and relevant for every customer on your list.