As we enter a new decade, it is apparent that digital marketers have more platforms than ever to reach their customers on. But even with all these new platforms and tools, email is still the ideal channel to deliver personalized content and relevant customer experiences. We have gathered a great list of statistics to show that email remains king and provided tips on how to up your email game in 2020.
- The average employee based in the US received around 126 emails a day, an increase from 121 as reported in recent years. That means your emails need personalized content in order to stand out in the inbox. (Radicati Group Ltd.)
- Did you know that up to 60 percent of email opens occur on mobile devices? The on-the-go audience is increasing, no matter what industry you’re in, so it’s a good idea to optimize your email strategy to incorporate punchy, easily-digestible content. (IBM 2018 Marketing Benchmark Report)
- In 2019, a whopping 293.6 billion emails were sent and received each day. No wonder customers feel inundated with emails and struggle to get to inbox zero! Standing out and keeping your audience’s attention has never been more important, especially since it’s projected that this number will spike to 347.3 billion by 2022. (Statista)
- 96 percent of B2B content marketers were viewed by their audiences as trusted resources. Trust is critical – to grow and develop deeper connections with customers, you need to deliver content that shows you understand their evolving needs. (CMI)
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, the average return is $42. This represents a huge potential for marketers who adopt strategies like personalization and automation to nurture and grow their customer base. (DMA)
- Digital marketers who segment their email campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue. The results will be greater if you send personalized emails to each subscriber. (Campaign Monitor)
- Don’t neglect the welcome email – it has a tremendous open rate of 82.21 percent! This means that your business has a great opportunity to develop a deeper connection with every customer from the get-go if that first message and subsequent content is catered and optimized to appeal to their tastes and interests. (GetResponse)
- 87 percent of the world’s top-performing B2B content marketers use email to nurture their audience. The pressure for email content to be relevant and engaging has never been higher and requires marketers to focus on the individual customer’s needs. Businesses that are able to create personalized, unique experiences for each subscriber will be rewarded with brand loyalty and increased customer lifetime value. (CMI)
- Good conversion rates are critical, and the email channel remains more effective at achieving them than social. It’s at 2.3 percent, right up there with paid/organic searches and referrals. (Smart Insights)
- Folks who subscribe to your emails are three times more likely to share content on social media compared to sources from other channels. Marketers should build up a robust library of creative content to dynamically use in email campaigns, so your audience always has fresh content to share. (QuickSprout)
- According to usage, Gmail is the king of email platforms and sits on top with 30 percent of email client market share. Marketers need to make sure their emails render correctly in all clients (Smart Insights)
- 6.9 percent of email subject lines contain emojis. If you’re not presently using emojis you should test and see how your audience responds. You might find that your open rates increase. (AWeber)
These stats collectively indicate one critical thing: Email automation and content personalization is not only here to stay but critical to retaining customers and growing their value. If you are ready to crush your 2020 goals by delivering dynamic, curated emails finetuned for each of your subscribers, request a demo of Coherent Path’s specialized platform today!